VOLUNTEER INFORMATION Help Us Mash the Dash!
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED for one of our most important fundraisers for the shelter! Won’t you please lend a hand to ARF with our 9th Annual Monster Mutt Dash 5K Run/1 Mile Fun Walk & Howl-O-Ween Afterparty?
You don’t have to be an existing/trained ARF Volunteer to help! Just plan to join “TEAM DASH” for a fun-filled day and help homeless animals! The Dash has quickly become the shelter’s #1 fundraising event; helping ARF continue its mission to provide loving care to the animals that enter our doors until loving fur-ever homes are found. Last year we were able to help more than 1,100 needy animals with the help of funds raised at events like the Dash!
WHAT’S the SCOOP? + Event Donors & Volunteers are badly needed! + Scheduling options are flexible. + Please be sure to invite your friends and family to help or participate too!
HELP US MASH THE DASH BY MAKING ITEM DONATIONS:
Please see below for a list of items and donation drop off directions.
Thank you for helping us and the animals who depend on us!
DASH WISH LIST: Please contact us if you are donating perishables (fruit, bakery, etc.) to arrange delivery/pick-up, etc at ARFDash@gmail.com
- Cases of Canned Soda Pop & Bottle Water (no glass please)
- Gift cards to retailers: Costco, Marcs, Giant Eagle
- Unopened boxes of granola bars with an expiration dates no earlier than 11/1/16
- Bananas: 6 cases / large boxes
- Apples: 80lbs / variety of types
- Muffins / Bakery / Bagels: 700 pieces
- Fruit Juice: 25 gallons
- “Autumn” type outdoor decorations: pumpkins, stalks, hay bales, mums
- Monetary Donations
- Pop-Up Tents
DASH RAFFLE BASKET ITEM DONATIONS WISH LIST:
- Instant lottery tickets
- Restaurant, Movie and Retail gift cards
- Booze: liquor, wine, craft beers, etc.
- Completed Raffle Baskets or Donations of Wine, Gourmet Items, etc.
- Craft Supplies to make baskets: baskets, colored confetti stuffer, sheer plastic rolls, ribbons and bows.
(These items are most needed by Oct. 1st email us if you have them to donate.)
DASH DONATION DROP-OFF INFORMATION: Please drop off by Saturday, October 1st to allow us time to organize donations. We’re happy to accept anything listed above and any additional related items for gift baskets we will be making. Please drop us an email if you’re planning to make a donation, if you have any questions and/or items to donate but can’t make it to the ARF Shelter – at ARFDash@gmail.com
- DROP OFF AT THE ARF SHELTER:
The ARF Shelter is located at 390 Barrett Road, Berea OH 44107 [Map It]
- 24/7 Donation Drop Off at Shelter: You can drop off non-perishable / weather resistant, non-cash/valuable donations in the ARF Donation Bins out front. Please mark them “Monster Mutt Dash”
- Open Hour Donation Drop Off at the Shelter: You can drop off donations of any type during our open hours: Monday-Friday: 3:30 -8pm / Saturday & Sunday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
Please come into the Main/Brick building and ask for a friendly ARF Volunteer or Staff Member to assist you. Please mark items “Monster Mutt Dash
- MAIL IN DONATIONS: Gift Cards, Scratch Off Ohio Lottery Tix and Monetary Donations may be mailed to Berea ARF/Attn: Monster Mutt, P.O. Box 544, Berea OH 44017
MANY WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS/SUPPORTERS = MANY WAYS TO MAKE MONSTERIFIC IMPACT!
+ FILLED! Thank you to the great folks at Kraft Fluid Systems for making this their company service project! Oct. 5th. Wednesday at Brew Garden in Middleburg Heights. Dash Goodie Bag Stuffing Party: 5:30-9pm
+ Oct. 7th. Friday. ARF Shelter for Pre-Race Day Packet Pick-Up: 2:30-5:30pm – OR – 5:00-8:00pm
+ Set-up: 7:00am – 10:00am: Unload trucks; set-up tables, chairs & tents; decorations; hang signage and race check-in/course.
+ Howl-O-Ween Party: 10:0am – 1pm: Games, food tent, ARF tables and raffle ticket sales.
+ Break-Down: 1pm – 3pm: Trash busters; tear down tables, chairs & tents; pack up and load trucks & cars; unload at storage venue.