VOLUNTEER INFORMATION Help Us Mash the Dash!
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED for one of our most important fundraisers for the shelter! Won’t you please lend a hand to ARF with its 7th Annual Monster Mutt Dash 5K Run/1 Mile Fun Walk & Howl-O-Ween Afterparty?
You don’t have to be an existing/trained ARF Volunteer to help! Just plan to join “TEAM DASH” for a fun-filled day and help homeless animals! The Dash has quickly become the shelter’s #1 fundraising event; helping ARF continue its mission to provide loving care to the animals that enter our doors until loving fur-ever homes are found. Last year we were able to help more than 1,000 needy animals with the help of funds raised at events like the Dash!
WHAT’S the SCOOP? + Event Volunteers are badly needed! + Scheduling options are flexible. + Please be sure to invite your friends and family to help or participate too!
HELP US MASH THE DASH BY MAKING ITEM DONATIONS:
Please see below for a list of items and donation drop off directions.
Thank you for helping us and the animals who depend on us!
DASH WISH LIST:
- Cases of Canned Soda Pop & Bottle Water (no glass please)
- Gift cards to retailers: Costco, Marcs, Giant Eagle
- Unopened boxes of granola bars with an expiration dates no earlier than 11/1/14
DASH RAFFLE BASKET ITEM DONATIONS WISH LIST:
- Instant lottery tickets
- Restaurant, Movie and Retail gift cards
- Completed Raffle Baskets or Donations of Wine, Gourmet Items, etc.
DASH DONATION DROP-OFF INFORMATION: We’re happy to accept anything listed above and any additional related items for gift baskets we will be making. Please drop us an email if you’re planning to make a donation, if you have any questions and/or items to donate but can’t make it to the ARF Shelter – at ARFDash@gmail.com
- DROP OFF AT THE ARF SHELTER:
The ARF Shelter is located at 390 Barrett Road, Berea OH 44107 [Map It]
- 24/7 Donation Drop Off at Shelter: You can drop off non-perishable / weather resistant, non-cash/valuable donations in the ARF Donation Bins out front. Please mark them “Monster Mutt Dash”
- Open Hour Donation Drop Off at the Shelter: You can drop off donations of any type during our open hours: Monday-Friday: 3:30 – 5pm & 6:30-8pm / Saturday & Sunday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
Please come into the Main/Brick building and ask for a friendly ARF Volunteer or Staff Member to assist you. Please mark items “Monster Mutt Dash
- MAIL IN DONATIONS: Gift Cards, Scratch Off Ohio Lottery Tix and Monetary Donations may be mailed to Berea ARF/Attn: Monster Mutt, P.O. Box 544, Berea OH 44017
MANY WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS/SUPPORTERS = MANY WAYS TO MAKE MONSTERIFIC IMPACT!
+ Oct. 8th. Wednesday. Brew Garden, Middleburg Hts. ARF Shelter for Dash Goodie Bag Stuffing Party: 5:30-9pm
+ Oct. 11th. Satuday. ARF Shelter for Pre-Registration Packet Pick-Up: 11:30am-2:00pm – OR – 2:00-5:00pm
+ Set-up: 7am – 10am: Unload trucks; set-up tables, chairs & tents; decorations; hang signage
+ Race /Walk: 8am – 11am: Registration & course volunteers & parking attendants
+ Howl-O-Ween Party: 9am – 1pm: Games, food tent, ARF tables and raffle ticket sales.
+ Break-Down: 1pm – 3pm: Trash busters; tear down tables, chairs & tents; pack up and load trucks & cars; unload at storage venue.