VOLUNTEER INFORMATION Help Us Mash the Dash!
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED for one of our most important fundraisers for the shelter! Won’t you please lend a hand to ARF with its 8th Annual Monster Mutt Dash 5K Run/1 Mile Fun Walk & Howl-O-Ween Afterparty?
You don’t have to be an existing/trained ARF Volunteer to help! Just plan to join “TEAM DASH” for a fun-filled day and help homeless animals! The Dash has quickly become the shelter’s #1 fundraising event; helping ARF continue its mission to provide loving care to the animals that enter our doors until loving fur-ever homes are found. Last year we were able to help more than 1,100 needy animals with the help of funds raised at events like the Dash!
WHAT’S the SCOOP? + Event Donors & Volunteers are badly needed! + Scheduling options are flexible. + Please be sure to invite your friends and family to help or participate too!
HELP US MASH THE DASH BY MAKING ITEM DONATIONS:
Please see below for a list of items and donation drop off directions.
Thank you for helping us and the animals who depend on us!
DASH WISH LIST: Please contact us if you are donating perishables (fruit, bakery, etc.) to arrange delivery/pick-up, etc at ARFDash@gmail.com
- Cases of Canned Soda Pop & Bottle Water (no glass please)
- Gift cards to retailers: Costco, Marcs, Giant Eagle
- Unopened boxes of granola bars with an expiration dates no earlier than 11/1/15
- Bananas: 6 cases / large boxes
- Apples: 80lbs / variety of types
- Muffins / Bakery / Bagels: 700 pieces
- Fruit Juice: 25 gallons
- “Autumn” type outdoor decorations: pumpkins, stalks, hay bales, mums
- Monetary Donations
- Pop-Up Tents
DASH RAFFLE BASKET ITEM DONATIONS WISH LIST:
- Instant lottery tickets
- Restaurant, Movie and Retail gift cards
- Completed Raffle Baskets or Donations of Wine, Gourmet Items, etc.
DASH DONATION DROP-OFF INFORMATION: We’re happy to accept anything listed above and any additional related items for gift baskets we will be making. Please drop us an email if you’re planning to make a donation, if you have any questions and/or items to donate but can’t make it to the ARF Shelter – at ARFDash@gmail.com
- DROP OFF AT THE ARF SHELTER:
The ARF Shelter is located at 390 Barrett Road, Berea OH 44107 [Map It]
- 24/7 Donation Drop Off at Shelter: You can drop off non-perishable / weather resistant, non-cash/valuable donations in the ARF Donation Bins out front. Please mark them “Monster Mutt Dash”
- Open Hour Donation Drop Off at the Shelter: You can drop off donations of any type during our open hours: Monday-Friday: 3:30 -8pm / Saturday & Sunday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
Please come into the Main/Brick building and ask for a friendly ARF Volunteer or Staff Member to assist you. Please mark items “Monster Mutt Dash
- MAIL IN DONATIONS: Gift Cards, Scratch Off Ohio Lottery Tix and Monetary Donations may be mailed to Berea ARF/Attn: Monster Mutt, P.O. Box 544, Berea OH 44017
MANY WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS/SUPPORTERS = MANY WAYS TO MAKE MONSTERIFIC IMPACT!
+ Oct. 7th. Wednesday at Brew Garden in Middleburg Heights. Dash Goodie Bag Stuffing Party: 5:30-9pm
+ Oct. 9th. Friday. ARF Shelter for Pre-Race Day Packet Pick-Up: 2:30-5:30pm – OR – 5:00-8:00pm
+ Set-up: 7:00am – 10:00am: Unload trucks; set-up tables, chairs & tents; decorations; hang signage and race check-in/course.
+ Howl-O-Ween Party: 10:0am – 1pm: Games, food tent, ARF tables and raffle ticket sales.
+ Break-Down: 1pm – 3pm: Trash busters; tear down tables, chairs & tents; pack up and load trucks & cars; unload at storage venue.