Berea ARF’s Capital Campaign to raise $2.9 million to build a new shelter facility is going strong, with over $1 million raised so far and groundbreaking anticipated in late 2018.
The new facility will be built on the 16 acres of land in Columbia Township ARF purchased in 2012, located on East River Road near Sprague — just three miles from our current location. The property boasts a beautiful landscape of grass and trees that will be ideal for housing and exercising our animals. The initial goal is to build an 8,000 square foot full-service animal shelter, designed to enhance our ability to care for our animals and serve the community.
Berea ARF is now reaching out to volunteers, supporters and members of the community to help bring fundraising efforts to a close and make the dream of a new shelter a reality. We’re seeking one-time donations and five-year pledges to allow our faithful supporters the chance to play a role in this life-saving mission.
Enhanced animal care includes:
- Separate intake rooms and larger isolation areas
- Compartmentalized HVAC systems to prevent the spread of disease
- Additional space for free roam cat rooms
- Dog kennels with internal access to outdoor facilities
- In-house veterinary services and surgical suite
Improved adopter and volunteer experiences include:
- Reception area and lobby
- Meet-and-greet rooms for animal/visitor interaction
- Large parking lot
- New pet start up kits
Benefits for the community include:
- Low cost pet shot clinics
- Walking trails and pet memorial areas
- Meeting rooms for training and education